Article: Ways to prevent premature ageing
Ways to prevent premature ageing
The natural ageing process is one thing you cannot deny but you can prevent it. We all develop visible lines on our faces over time. Our faces naturally lose some of their youthfulness as we age. So, the question is how to prevent premature ageing? There are numerous premature ageing products and premature ageing treatments available in the market to help with premature ageing. Some of the ways on how to prevent premature ageing can be incorporated in your daily routine.
- Always use sunscreen, indoors or outdoors- The sun's UV rays can harm your skin, causing hyperpigmentation, sun spots, wrinkles, and freckles, as well as premature ageing. To avoid this, always use the premature ageing products like sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 before going outside, as well as when you're inside. However, don't just use any sunscreen. The best sunscreens or sun-blocking creams with zinc will give you the best results—and don't forget to reapply frequently!
- Watch what you eat- These vitamins are high in antioxidants, which help protect skin cells from free radical damage. They increase your skin's elasticity and suppleness. These vitamins are abundant in foods such as nuts, dairy products, seeds, vegetable oils, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, chilis, kiwis, and lemons. Eating a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables can help prevent skin damage and premature ageing and consuming a high-sugar or refined-carbohydrate diet can speed up the ageing process.
- Hydration is essential- Water keeps your body moisturised and rejuvenated, as well as maintaining the flexibility of your skin. People who drink a lot of water have less scars, wrinkles, and soft lines, and they don't show as many indications of ageing as those who don't.
- Never sleep with makeup- Before going to bed, make sure you remove all of your makeup. This allows your skin to breathe while also preventing dirt and other pollutants from penetrating it. Sleeping with your makeup on clogs your pores, causing breakouts and wrinkles.
- Use gentler skin care products- A gentle cleanser that employs vital fatty acids to hydrate the skin and green tea to protect it from free radical damage (compounds that assault cells). Use a soft and gentle touch, circular strokes to cleanse. Scrubbing too hard might damage already sensitive skin and hasten the ageing process. You can consult the doctors at PHI Clinic to recommend premature ageing products according to your skin type.
- Moisturiser is a must- Apply a layer of moisturiser to your body as soon as you get out of the bath or shower to lock in moisture. Look for components that help the skin retain moisture, such as glycerin, mineral oil, or hyaluronic acid.
- Exercise most days of the week- Moderate exercise can enhance your blood circulation and strengthen the immune system. As a result, your skin may appear to be more youthful.
- Never skip sleep- Your skin, like the rest of your body, requires rest. Increased stress hormones, a dull complexion, breakouts, and even dry skin, as well as premature fine lines and wrinkles, can all come from cutting into your bedtime. Beauty sleep is real, so give your skin a break.
- Stress is harmful for skin- When you're under a lot of stress, your skin and hair show it. Make an effort to relax and calm your senses. Yoga and meditation would act as an effective and natural premature ageing treatment. If you need to stay centred, paint, sing, cook, run, or work out.
- Always do a patch test before using a product- After a patch test, if your skin burns or stings, it signifies your skin is irritated. It might make your skin look older if you irritate it. When you skip a patch test, you risk severe acne flare-ups, inflammation, and redness.